is rapidly growing and currently looking for fun, loving, reliable, and
mature individuals to join our team of dedicated pet care professionals!
We are always accepting applications for a part-time dog walking position. This is NOT
an independent contractor position. This is NOT a temporary or seasonal position.
Positions Available:* 1 Mid-Day Dog Walker available Monday through Friday for at least 3-4 hours anytime between 10-3pm (hours can be flexible but must have availability on all 5 days)
* 1 Experienced On-Demand Dog Walker/Pet Sitter with flexible hours to cover dog walker's vacations, sick days, and take on new pet sitting clients
What we offer:
* A fun job where you get to be outside and exercise
* A job where you get to work with animals and their owners on a daily basis
A job where you get to work independently yet feel completely supported
* Extensive and paid training
* Great hours with additional hours available
* Direct deposit
* Mileage reimbursement
* Weekly Cell Phone Stipend
* Paid Sick Time after 90th day of employment
* Paid Time Off after 24 months of employment
Full bonding and liability insurance
* Established husband & wife pet sitting business
* Training is $11.00 per hour.
* Competitive starting pay (depends on experience) paid weekly. We pay you by the service (you receive a percentage of the service fee). If you have 0-1 years experience, the starting pay ranges from $13-15+/hour depending on how many walks you complete but that quickly goes up the longer you stay with us. The more paid dog walking experience you have, the higher your starting pay. This is NOT an independent contractor position!
* Depending on your availability, our part time dog walkers/pet sitters make between $50-$500+/week.
* You can make extra money if you are also willing to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, or holidays.
* You will be reimbursed mileage according to the standard IRS rate of $0.545/mile.
* You are eligible for pay
increases after 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year of employment.
* This is a part-time job
to start. Your schedule is based on client need. More walks will be available
as your comfort grows and business continues to increase.
* A minimum of 6 months commitment is preferred. Temporary/Seasonal (e.g., summer) positions are NOT available.
* At least 2 years experience caring for animals
* Comfortable walking
both big and small dogs for up to 5-6 miles a day
* Be comfortable providing dog walking services in all New England weather (i.e., rain, wind, sleet or snow) for 15 minutes up to an hour
* Be able to quickly and efficiently respond to all inquiries from our team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills since you will be communicating directly with clients and the Pet Care Manager
* Must be extremely organized, dependable, self-motivated, and have a positive attitude
* Follow a schedule provided by the Pet Care Manager
* Give all pets your undivided attention and love during your assigned visit
* Provide pick up and drop off services to dogs from and to their homes for individual dog hikes
* Provide solo dog walks for private on-leash neighborhood walks
* Provide group dog walks for on-leash neighborhood walks
* Maintain control and ensure the safety of all of the animals under your watch
* Maintain security of our clients’ homes during your assigned visit
* Pick up and properly dispose of all pet waste of the pets in your care
* Provide a daily note in our scheduling software with a photo following each service to confirm services and to update the owner and Pawsitive Dawg of your visit
* Must love dogs and
cats and their owners
* Car with valid driver's license and automobile insurance
* Must live in a city that borders Waltham, Belmont, or Watertown
* Occasional evening or weekend hours for client interviews will be necessary
* Clean criminal background (criminal/background check required)
* Willing to become
Pet First Aid Certified and participate in on-going Professional Development opportunities
* Very detail orientated
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Follow pet care instructions exactly as written
* A smart phone with email and ability to use our scheduling app
Once hired, we want to make sure you have all of the skills and tools necessary in order to be successful in your job. You are required to complete 2+ hours of on-boarding/training/shadowing with the Pawsitive Dawg owner, 7+ hours of online training and 15+ hours of hands-on training/shadowing of other dog walkers before you are on your own.
If this sounds like the job for you, please click the link below to apply to be a dog walker or pet sitter with us. We look forward to hearing from you!