is rapidly growing and currently looking for fun, loving, reliable, and
mature individuals to join our team of dedicated pet care professionals!
We are always accepting applications for part-time positions. This is NOT
an independent contractor position. This is NOT a temporary or seasonal position.
Positions That May Be Available:* Mid-Day Dog Walker
What we offer:
* A job where you get to work with animals and their owners on a daily basis
A job where you get to work independently yet feel completely supported
* Extensive and paid training
* Great hours with additional hours available
* Direct deposit
* Mileage reimbursement
* Weekly Cell Phone Stipend
* Paid Sick Time after 90th day of employment
* Paid Time Off after 24 months of employment
Full bonding and liability insurance
* Established husband & wife pet sitting business
* Training is $11.00 per hour.
* Competitive starting pay (depends on experience) paid weekly. We pay you by the service (you receive a percentage of the service fee). If you have 0-1 years experience, the starting pay ranges from $13-15+/hour depending on how many walks you complete but that quickly goes up the longer you stay with us. The more paid pet care experience you have, the higher your starting pay. This is NOT an independent contractor position!
* Depending on your availability, our part time dog walkers/pet sitters make between $50-$500+/week.
* You can make extra money if you are also willing to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, or holidays.
* You will be reimbursed mileage according to the standard IRS rate of $0.545/mile.
* This is a part-time job
to start. Your schedule is based on client need. More walks will be available
as your comfort grows and business continues
* Must love dogs and
cats and their owners
* Car with valid driver's license and automobile insurance
* Must live in a city that borders Waltham, Belmont, or Watertown
* Occasional evening or weekend hours for client interviews will be necessary
* Clean criminal background (criminal/background check required)
* Willing to become
Pet First Aid Certified and participate in on-going Professional Development opportunities
* Very detail orientated
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Follow pet care instructions exactly as written
* A smart phone with email and ability to use our scheduling app
Once hired, we want to make sure you have all of the skills and tools necessary in order to be successful in your job. You are required to complete 2+ hours of on-boarding/training/shadowing with the Pawsitive Dawg owner, 7+ hours of online training and 15+ hours of hands-on training/shadowing of other dog walkers/pet sitters before you are on your own.
If this sounds like the job for you, please click the link below to apply to be a dog walker or pet sitter with us. We look forward to hearing from you!